Bashing it ruthlessly
Another two rather depressed days gone past, but I still manage to pull a few miracles.
Yesterday I wrote a text for my course in an astonishing 90 minutes approx.
It's probably not my most brilliant piece ever, but I did it, in spite of my headache, in spite of having had a miserable night before, in spite of the ever-lingering cold. Ha. Take that, homework!
I blame these newfound quick-typing skills all on Nano. Quick-thinking and quick-typing, that is. Ah, the beauty of writing.
I didn't write at all on Thursday, because I was miserable. Then yesterday, I forced myself to write just over 1000 words. I felt a bit better. Now look at me today. It wrote an astonishing 6365 words today. I have re-reached and overtaken the word count goal for today. I am completely back on track, and beyond. My wrists hurt now, so does my back, and I'm fiercely hungry, but that is nothing agains the exhilarating feeling of seeing this text grow under my fingers.
Bear with me. This is not a record of how my writing goes, but of how my time here goes, of course. But it is just ten more days. And it is such a good thing to happen. It is beautiful.
As for the rest of my life, I spent most of the last two days in bed to prevent my nasty cold from turning into something even nastier. I walk the streets all wrapped up. I drink tea whenever I can. I sleep, and a lot at that. I read the books I need to read when I can't sleep. So no need to worry about me getting all sucked up in a bizarre annual writing event. :)
Fact is though, it makes me feel better about myself, and that is a thing to be treasured.
Listen to me go, like I was still writing my novel.
My hands start shaking now, poor things, I have exhausted them. Time for rest now. And food. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home