Tick tock...
As everyone will probably have noticed, I have put a sort of progress bar into my page header. Meaning, NaNoWriMo is just around the corner!
Of course, this is very exciting. I didn't even come close to finishing my (very exciting and doubtlessly masterpiece) novel last year, so I'm setting myself all kinds of reminders, progress bars, progress charts and whatnot to keep me going, and going strong. If my exciting fantasy characters couldn't finish their doomed Road Trip and lost their way in Russia, maybe my more or less normal characters will finish their goal-less and entirely unreasonable trip this time...if they do not get eaten by a freak stampede of dragons in chapter one and that sort of stuff that other people seem to like so much, judging from the forums.
Anyway! To put some more pressure on myself (yay, I can put my adrenaline-producing plan to work once more!) I will make my novel-writing attempt public in another blog, so you can all go to that, read it there, tell me how crap it is, and encourage me to write more, faster. How's that for entertainment. :)
As for uni, the course yesterday was nice because one of the lecturers was ill so we only had one hour instead of two, and part of that we watched a movie (the beginning of Rear Window by Hitchcock). Very nice and relaxing.
I then had a nice sandwich, yoga, tried to do some work, more yoga, and one more attempt to work. Didn't go well yesterday, I have to admit, but well. Did some rare 'fun' reading in the evening (ie night).
Today is a little better on the work side, though not on health, but no matter. As long as I can work without much of a problem I won't complain. Still, I hate backlogs, and I suppose they are one of the reasons I'm kind of slumped at the moment. At least I found some more computer rooms that aren't overrun at noon time (in the LRC, it's rather impossible to get a place at around 1pm...you always have to wait). Also, I can drink my tea without fear here, and probably even eat, because who's going to throw me out? :P
The Japanese Culture Society is going to show Ringu 1 and 2 today and tomorrow evening. Not sure yet whether I want to go. That film freaks me out no end. I'll probably leave at least the first one, since I've seen it already. Might go tomorrow though.
As for the novel blog, I'll announce that once it's up.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home