Week Three
SO, it's Friday, and I suppose I should be in a highly festive mood. Yay weekend!
Well, I am, kinda, but not as much as other people I suppose.
Courses this week have been kinda ok, even though I'm a bit miffed at myself for not managing to get all the reading done. I mean, most people here don't get all the reading done (for Tuesday most had read none of the texts! :P) but still. It's shameful to my reading speed and level of concentration (which is very often non-existent).
Tuesday we moved the second part of the lecture into this beautiful room at Froebel, called the Portrait Room. Not as impressive as the Aula at home, but still very nice, all that wood and the big windows. It's not the best of rooms for a seminar (none of them really seem to be, the seating order back home is so much better for discussion, plus we have decent desks...), but was rather nice for a change.
Yesterday they had moved us into this grotty hall, right? Which was really good for lectures, I suppose, but no good at all for discussion, if someone at front said something, it was completely useless for those sitting higher up. I say kick the Philosopher's out of Downshire and give us our previous room back!
Today was ok, mainly I guess because I actually had a clue about the book. We had this massive break in between, about 45minutes, part of which we were supposed to use for discussion. Still, I think our good lecturer here really needed some coffee (didn't we all?). Two girls of my group had evidently been out quite long last night.
Why is it that Brits drink so much? There's this series on BBC right now which is trying to look into this. Binge drinking and stuff, it just seems to abound here. A good example is the students bar here as well. There's people in there the whole time it's open! You know, people sitting on the steps in front at 5pm with a beer or somesuch. It's just weird...
Just think. You spend all day, all week, working hard to learn stuff, and then you blow those precious braincells into oblivion at the first chance you get. But maybe I'm just wrong about people wanting to learn. The people I talked to today just seem to want to get this college thing over with. Pfff.
Anyway, this evening is dedicated to some more reading, and tomorrow morning as well hopefully, if I manage to get up a bit earlier than today. And then, come afternoon, a little relief shopping- not necessarily buying things, but at least looking at things. That alone can work wonders sometimes. :)
Haven't got any jogging done yet, but if I don't manage tomorrow, then Sunday at the latest or I send my shoes back home in disgrace.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home