Saturday, October 08, 2005

And now for something completely different


Just to let everyone out there know...
This year will be my second time trying to write a novel in a month. Last year I failed miserably at around 12000 words of the 50k required. I blame this on thinking too much and writing too little (and on trying to write by hand and then typing it in later).
This year I will write no fantasy story with zombie pirates and hungry elves. This year will be wholly dedicated to something entirely different. What it will be I don't know yet, but different it will be. I could write about dragons infesting the college, but then being fed and trained by the resident squirrels, who use them to roast their nuts for them.
Maybe not.
But something more fun and easy, and lots less tragic, than fantasy figures searching for the path to annihilation/eternal life/whatever it was. To be honest, they were doomed from the beginning.

Anyway, to all those fantatsic readers out there, join in and do something crazy! Join in and write a book in a month! Join in and offer support by letting me know how much mindless gibberish you have managed to write in a day!

Still 3 weeks until it starts. Maybe I'll figure out a better plot idea in the meantime. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home